Sunday, February 1, 2009

K-Mart

I found this essay to be so very accurate as to my experience with K-Mart, though I don't tend to agree that Walmart and Target are any better as far as the caliber of customers that seem to grow from these places. They all have a flea market kind of atmosphere, except people tend to be a little more courteous at flea markets. It's very rare that I allow myself the personal insult of mingling with the unwashed masses. K-Mart: with its staff that has no idea of where to find anything that is stocked at the store, Walmart, where employees get trampled to death so that their customers can have a better position to attend a sale, and at Target the customers seem to have a sincere threatening posture- ready to run into your car with theirs at any given moment in order to get a parking spot. In light of all of this, I suppose they do have their own special, personal charm, I just have a hard time seeing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment